Be Kind - Show Christ


Tomorrow, I am going to preach a message on being kind to each other. I know that seems a strange topic for professing Christians. But, nevertheless, I am going to bring the message that God has given me.

This week has been particularly challenging for me. I’ve dealt with folks that prefer sharp tongues and demeaning tones to gentleness and meekness. I’ve felt the sting of their barbs. But, through it all, I’ve tried to maintain a posture of submission with the hope that the light of Christ in me would so shine!

That’s the way it has to be today. We cannot go around returning barbs for barbs. The world is accustomed to that. What they need to see is someone living a Christ-like life in and out of church. That will make your witness more effective if they see you practicing what you teach.

It’s not easy. Many times this week, I’ve wanted to really speak my mind in such a manner that they would know exactly what I felt. But instead, I told my Jesus all about it and He found a way to soothe my heart as well as my circumstances. I cannot imagine why He loves me so but I am soooo glad that He does. And, because of this love that He demonstrates toward us, we who are Christ-like, need to demonstrate it back to a sick, sin-infested and dying world. Afterall, we live here for now, let’s make it a good place to call home.

I would that you would pray for and with me as I make these final preparations to preach. I pray that God will use this servant to be a blessing to those that will gather.

6 Responses so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    I'll be lifting you and your talk up in prayer, Sanya! It's difficult to talk about, but SO necessary. We face a daily battle harnessing the tongue, but we--especially Christians--must do it if we're truly to be set apart. You'll do great! Let us know how it goes!

  2. Lifting a prayer! This is a great topic because we need to know this even more in the church.
    Much love,
    Angela

  3. Lifting a prayer! This is a great topic because we need to know this even more in the church.
    Much love,
    Angela

  4. Thanks for the firm prayer support. I felt it! I didn't feel anxious - just a little nervous but I've been told that it's a good thing to feel a little nervous because it's evidence that you are relying on God!

    I actually forgot to tape it while I was there. I left the recorder in my purse. Oh well, I may go through the talk again based on my notes and put it out for everyone. I'm still thinking about it. I'll know what direction to go in after a bit.

    Anyway, I can always count on the prayers of my friends and family. Thank you so much to everyone that prayed for the message. It went forth and according to some that spoke with me afterwards, God used it to bless them.

    Hey, maybe at some point, I can do it again.

  5. Anonymous says:

    I've been praying and speaking with other Christians about the power of the tongue. I pray I remain as strong as you! Thank you for this wonderful site Sanya. IT is a blessing. Stay encouraged and obeying God!

  6. Thanks for the encouragement Franky!