The National Air and Space Museum Awaits You!


My Daddy loves planes and knows how to fly all commercial craft. Yes, I’m grown and I still call my Dad, Daddy. Anyway, he loves planes. 


When I was little, I dressed up in pilot uniforms for Halloween. I rode my bike really really fast  because I wanted to feel like I was flying.  I wanted to be a pilot and I loved model airplanes. All of this fueled my interest in aviation until I started getting really serious about it. I looked at the maps and decided ... uhmmm, maybe not so much. My daddy was always looking at maps and scribbling things down and doing some complicated math. His books for his courses were super duper thick. I remember one day asking him, “do you have to know everything in that book?” I’m telling you, that binder full of little paper with little print was amazingly thick. And, daddy, being the uber-brainiac that he is, said, yes. Now, that just didn’t go down well. First, I couldn’t read the maps - a slight problem, and now I’d have to actually know all of that stuff in that tiny font. Not to mention that I really can’t see without corrective vision. No, my flying days were over before they began. 

But, it still didn’t take the desire from my heart for all things aviation. Snoopy even had his doghouse that doubled as his plane sometimes. So, that let me know that even though it would be impossible for me to pilot a plane myself, I could still nurture my love. 
So, of course, since I was in the Capital City, you know that I had to visit the Air and Space Museum. Gotta say, I have to go back. It was too much to take in in the small amount of time that I had. I love what I saw though. 
You should go. 
You may ask, would you go to DC just to see this museum. My answer - YES!!!!!
You may ask, did it cost anything to get in. My answer - NO! 
You may ask, what was your favorite thing. My answer - there’s no way I could pick a favorite right now. I haven’t completed the tour. But I did manage to snap a few photos, some of which are following. Enjoy! 

Ummm- how cool is this? Big ole planes hanging from the ceiling. 

Seriously, how cool is this? And, don't forget, unlike that museum that  I won't name, but could, this was free! They even had a lunar suit with moon dust on it! Coolness. 

So, although I'm not the official spokesperson for the National Air and Space Museum, I'm telling you, if you care anything at all about air travel and space, you need to make your way to this museum. 

Copyright Beams of Light Ministries