I Like Vanilla

This morning, everything was running smoothly. In fact, everything was as it is every other morning. God woke me up and enabled me to dress and prepare myself for the day ahead. My routine was undisturbed. In fact, up until I was preparing to go on the highway, everything was vanilla.


That’s when I noticed it.


I looked out the drivers window and saw it.


Quickly, I prayed.


You see, this morning, other people were not having a vanilla kind of day. Others were dealing with this thing or that thing. And this morning, as I was making my turn to the highway to come to my office, I saw a vehicle accident.


There was nothing vanilla about it.


In fact, it resembled more Hollywood spectacular.


Up close and personal would I be to this accident, for it was the only way to get onto the highway. One SUV, with a mangled up hood and a dislocated bumper t-boned a small sedan, crushing the frame inward. There was glass everywhere.


At the time where my vanilla met their rocky road, the tow trucks were there, making preparations to load up the vehicles. I don’t know if an ambulance had already come and gone. I did see one woman, who looked like she could have been the owner of the sedan, gathering some things from the car. But, she also could have been a friend who stayed behind. Only God knows.


I mention this because I want us to stop and reflect about how fortunate we are when we have vanilla days. They are not boring – they are a blessing.


I like vanilla.


Copyright Beams of Light Ministries