Simple News, Anyone?

Hello Bloggy Friends,

Sorry that I’m having to post later in the week this week. I’ve been slammed from morning till night working on a project. Prayers appreciated.

Have you seen the news lately? All the buzz is about the Democratic convention. The political pundits (and Republicans) are working overtime, reporting, spinning and casting. They must be even more tired than I am. Whatever happened to the days of “just-the-facts” reporting of the news – XYZ happened on Tuesday etc. I guess that was too bland.

Now, we have to listen to folks project their own opinion on something in which they have no control over – influence maybe – control, not happening.

It gets tiring really. One thing that really irked me was one broadcasting station’s scorecard of the event. The pundit recaps the evening and then tells viewers his spin on it accompanied by a letter grade – as if he is the teacher – as if this group asked for his grade. This pundit that I reference gave the Democratic stage – the actual platform - an “F” simply because he didn’t like it. He said it looked like a vegas slot machine. I personally thought the stage looked nice. See, subjective. And, if it’s subjective, it’s not “just-the-facts.”

Now, don’t get into a wild frenzy over my comments here. I’m neither Democrat nor Republican. Both sides need MUCH prayer, as a matter of fact, dont' we all. But, my point is that I’m looking for a much simpler experience when I watch television. After a long, hard day, all I really want to do is just hear the facts – not have to try to pick out the pieces of truth from the report of the day. And, whenever possible, since news clips and bits cannot be trusted – as we’ve seen lately with all the manipulation of video – then I’d prefer to see the whole speech or the whole show…LIVE.

But, then again, I guess I’m dreaming. Nevertheless, I will continue to watch this convention as I can. And, I will watch the Republican convention too, and hopefully, the news will become easier to watch – less postering and more plain facts…maybe.

One Response so far.

  1. Girl I know things just keep getting worse and worse. Oh if the world just knew how to love.

    Also, you have been tagged!
    Much love,
    Angela