Extend Mercy and Grace

Aren't you glad that God is a God of second chances?

I was just thinking about it now.

We mess up so many times but God is always right there ready to forgive us - ready to set us back on the right course again. I cannot help but marvel at His mercy and grace towards me over the years.

So, okay, over the last week and dare I say, the last 24 hours. God is that relevant in my life and I mess up that much!

I don't know why He still loves me. Neither will I ever comprehend why He still cares. But, the fact of the matter is that He does. He does love me. He does care. I have security in knowing that this is fact, not fiction, not temporary but permanent.

The good news is that He still loves you and cares about you too. No matter how many times you fall on your face, He's going to be right there, ready to receive your words of repentance, or whatever that case may be. He's good like that.

So, knowing that God is a God of second-chances and ready to allow you to redeem yourself when you fall, be sure that you are offering that same "courtesy" to your neighbors - to your friends. If God forgives you and allows you another opportunity, then you should, in the spirit of being Christ-like, offer up the same mercy and grace.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Amen!!!!!