Frustration and Exaltation

Yesterday, I was frustrated by the decisions of some folks that I have to interact with. The reason I was frustrated was that I had a clear goal in mind and a solid methodology to get to that place. When that pathway was not agreed to, I noticed a little thing called frustration rising within me.

I had to tell myself to “stop”! (sometimes talking to yourself isn’t crazy!)

Why?

Because if I did not stop the frustration train, it would have built up to anger, resentment and a whole lot of negative carriers that would have resulted in my caboose gliding out of the door – just like I was on rails!

I love the Bible because it recognizes that we are going to make mistakes – we will get frustrated – we will want to quit or give up on the task at hand, but it tells us to persevere and it tells us to sin not – to get things right – to not let pride trip us up. And, for that, I am most grateful.

The Bible has lots of practical advice for today.

So, today, I am much better – not even frustrated. Today, I am focused on the outcome of things from yesterday, recognizing that even in the choices made, I will find a way that God will be glorified. If I keep the focus on Him, then I can work for His glory. But as long as the focus remains on me, I will get frustrated while working.

I hope that you can understand this post today – and maybe some of you will be able to relate. The goal in our working, whether secular or not, is not that the “best” idea win but instead that God be glorified. And, one thing I know to be true is this – if you will submit to the Lord, He will exalt you in due time! Watch and see!!

One Response so far.

  1. Veronica says:

    My frustration sometimes come when my ideas and hard work seems to go unappreciated. I normally talk to myself and end up praying a prayer of thanksgiving. However, in one instance my frustration did snowball into anger picking up resentment on the way down the pity mountain. A fellow Christian and an unusual friend talk me through and out of the fast approaching depression wheel.