Get Talkin' - Do it Now

And just where did the morning go? I planned to post something to the blog early this morning but then…well, nevertheless, here is Monday’s post, on Monday afternoon! (sorry!)

This weekend was great. I had the opportunity to reconnect with some family members that were in town and catch-up. Also, I had the opportunity to baby-sit – well, I should say “puppy-sit.” I kept the two pups this weekend. They were really good – they love to play – I do too, so they wore me out! I was exhausted when they left Sunday. But, nevertheless, I really enjoyed them. And, now the house is quiet again and I don’t hear those little feet racing around on my linoleum floors. Humph. It’s amazing the things that you get used to. Friday night I was having trouble communicating with the pups. They love to be talked to – but I wasn’t sure what to tell them.

Should I tell them about my work week and the victory that I experienced on Wednesday and the relief I felt on Thursday and my ambitious schedule prior to their arrival on Friday? Nah. Should I tell them about our plans for the weekend and how much fun they would have? Nah. What should I tell the pups?!

Well, I decided to tell them a few things – one being that I loved them and welcomed them at my home. They loved that news – evidenced by all the “love licks” they gave me. And, then I decided that as long as I was talking to them in a gentle way, they wouldn’t care about the topic of discussion. So, this weekend, “we” talked about a great number of issues. They always responded the same way – happy ears, bright eyes, ready tongues. You just have to love pups.

And well, I would never try to compare creation with the Creator, but I did have a thought this weekend. It does not matter how trivial the matter, our God wants to hear from us too. He does not only want to hear about the valley low experiences of our days – He wants to hear about the mountain-top experiences and even the mundane. I believe that He stands ready to hear any and everything that is on our heart and mind. So, today, whatever it is that you are thinking about – tell it to the Lord. You don’t have to get all fancy with it either – He just wants you to speak with Him and commune with Him.

Get talkin’!