Running on Empty

This week could best described as me running on empty. I know that I am not the only one. Everytime I happened to mention that I was tired or exhausted this week, someone else would chime in that they were in the same position. I think as a society that we are not getting enough restorative rest.

When I run, run and run, I start to notice something. I don't spend quality time with the Lord. But when I am full of things to do but take the time to put Him first, even the busiest of days seem somehow smooth. When I put Him first, things are not as hectic. So, what happened this week?

The answer - I got caught up in the "to do" list. Well, that light blinked on for me today! I was driving home feel worn out and thought about just how little quality time I've spent in the presence of the Lord. Look at how little my meditation and study time have been this week - and it's already Thursday! OH, I know I'm tripping.

In fact, I'm going to stop blogging now and do something that will be filling and restorative to my spirit. If you are having a similar week like me, then I pray that you will seek some restoration for your spirit as well as your body.