My Travel Destination

Hey y'all! I made it. I'm in a quaint little "municipality"...

I am in the district of Eichstätt


The coat of arms for the district look like this...

Well, according to Wikipedia anyway - I haven't had very long conversations with the folks around here that could speak English. So, I'm just going to trust wiki on this one.

Are you curious yet? Do you know where I am?

You will be interested to know that in four meals, I have had chicken three times. I'm not going to turn into a chicken am I? If I come home with feathers, you'll know why...

I am also near the Altmühltal Nature Park - its really authentic - no fancy American trappings around here. Air conditioning? What's that? And, who needs it anyway. (ME!) I've been half-kidding that I was going to go sit in the car - it has air conditioning.

The meetings start tomorrow. And, I'm determined that despite the authentic, unfamiliar and seemingly behind the times setting, I am going to have a great time enjoying a little bit of the old country. It will certainly do two things:

1. Make me appreciate the blessings that I so easily take for granted

2. Make me love the Lord all the more that He could create something so beautiful - you should see this country side.

And, well, I'll throw in a third thing - I will appreciate the people and the culture here that clings to their heritage. It's a beautiful thing.

Have you figured out where I am?

I am in Walting. Kathy, I know that you already had it figured out!

Blessings everyone. Please continue to keep me in prayer as it relates to my last post.

One Response so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    Oh the pressure! You called me out by name! LOL! Sorry I'm just now placing my guess...it has been an utterly crazy week so blog-reading has slipped. My guess? Germany!