I'm Going to be a Godmother!

This morning I feel pretty good. I’ve not been feeling so great the past few days, but today, I feel good. I have not been “sick” so-to-speak, but instead, I just was dry and off-pace. It seems that somehow my body has been slower to recovery from my travels and demanding schedule than usual. And, yes, Mom, if you are reading this, I have been taking my vitamins. Nevertheless, I am making an effort to turn this thing around. I hope that you are praying for me. I need your positive and uplifting prayers. Afterall, friends pray for each other right!?!

Can I share some good news with you? In the midst of all of this asynchronous feeling, I have been given an opportunity to be a Godmother. I have never been asked to fulfill such a wonderful role before – despite my claiming nearly everybody’s young child. But, now, I have this opportunity before me. After prayer and time before the Lord, (and a quick internet search to make sure I understood the responsibilities as well as a brief canvas of a few close friends as to how they are fulfilling their roles as Godmothers), I accepted.

Can you believe it? I’m finally going to be a Godmother!!! That bumps this child –unborn and all – right up to the very tip-TOP of the kiddies list! I cannot wait until he is born. I already have plans (I had these plans about 3 months ago – but, boy do I have plans now!!!). I say all of this to say that God knows how to meet our needs and answer our prayers – ultimately giving us the desires of our hearts.

If you have any advice for this newbie-Godmother, please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email.

God bless!
Sanya

One Response so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    Congratulations, Sanya! I've never been a God-mother, so I'm not really sure what all that implies, but I'm sure you'll be great at it.