Joy at the Pump?


Joy seems to be one hard thing to come by when you look at the rising costs of things these days. In fact, I was in a great mood until I went to fill up my gas tank – which by the way was not on empty. I don’t drive a big car or an SUV – and in fact five short years ago, it cost me $18 to fill up. So, imagine how my mood changed when it cost me nearly $50 to fill up my car that was not on empty. I know I said that before, but I just wasn’t expecting to have to spend so much for something that goes out of my car so quickly. It put me in a mood.

I left that gas station upset. I don’t know why and I don’t know at whom. Several people are paying more for gas than I do but still – I’m talking about my wallet! But, then as I was driving off in a huff, I had a thought that I can only hope will visit me each and every time I go to the gas station. I am incredibly blessed.

I am blessed because I have the means to pay for the gas and I have a car to put the gas in. I still have what will soon be – or at least feel like – the luxury of being able to go as I please. I thank God that He has provided me with reliable transportation and the ability to maintain it. And, while I do not like those prices and cannot grasp how all of this is happening so fast – a new record everyday – I still trust that God will make a way for me – just as He always has. So, my grumpy mood, quickly turned back into joy when I realized that all that I have comes from His hand. I hope that helps you out a little today because it sure helped me!

2 Responses so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    YES!! Thanks so much for putting it all in the proper persective for us! I, too, have had my grumpy issues at the pump. ;-)

  2. Yes. Amen God does provide all we need.
    Much love,
    Angela