Obeying God

Hello everyone,

I hope that you had a nice Mother’s Day or were able to share Mother’s Day with someone that you care about. I decided to do something different this year. Generally, I visit with my mom on Sunday afternoon. But, this year, the Lord pressed on my heart to do it differently. I spent the weekend with my mom instead. And, you know what? I had a good time. I put down my busy schedule of activities that had to be done and only did the essential things.

I found out that through my obedience, nothing went lacking. And, that’s what I want to discuss in this blog. God has a plan for our lives but He always offers a choice. We can either do it His way or do it our own way. But, the greater harvest is always found in doing things His way. And, it’s not always “either, or” – sometimes what we want to do lines up with His will for us. I believe that we just have to get to the point where we desire Him more than anything else.

This weekend, I desired to follow the prompting of God on my heart. I wanted to be obedient to Him. I wanted to be even closer to Him. And, as a result of that, I got even closer to my mom. We worshipped God together in church. Generally, we worship the same God but at different locations. But, this year, on Mother’s Day, we worshipped together. That meant something to me. I think it has much to do with my listening to God. I was obedient.

In the book of Joshua, chapter 24, verse 24, it says:
“And the people said unto Joshua, The LORD our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.”

When God presses something on your heart, it is my prayer today that you will heed and obey, for truly obedience is better than sacrifice.

One Response so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    This was such a great post, Sanya. It was a great reminder for me that when we're acting out in love (sacrificial love, too--you dedicated your WHOLE weekend!) we're doing God's will and it will be blessed. I'm so happy you had a Happy Mother's Day right along with your mom. What better way to do it?