Internet Gone Wild!


Oh me. The media and media outlets have seemingly gone wild. Whatever happened to truth in journalism? Didn’t I just write about this last year?

All of these biased reports on the economy and stimulus spending is driving me bonkers! So, I turned from the media to the hopeful comfort of bloggy land. Perhaps I’d find comfort there.

I was wrong.

I was browsing a few blogs and well, where is the truth? Where is anything good or affirming?

Not to say that there aren’t any good blogs – of course there are good blogs. Refresh My Soul is a blog that I’ve been following for years and over the years I’ve only known it to be a good blog, full of truth. And there are many other good blogs out there. So, don’t get me wrong, there are some solid, truthful writers out there in the blog-o-sphere.

I was just surprised at how many other blogs were so… – well, not what I was expecting!

I guess the gray area for me is when bloggers and media types get to interject our opinion to the detriment of others.




  • I saw on one blog how the writer had the audacity to criticize those that had helped them when the writer themselves did not know what to do. Who does that? What happened to showing a bit of humility and gratitude?


  • I saw on another blog how the writer claims patriotism but them beats down the current president and administration which has been in office less than two months. What happened to prayer when we have differences? What happened to giving someone the benefit of the doubt and giving them time?

I stopped searching through random blogs and went back to my familiar writers who steep their writing in the truth of Scripture. And, therein, I found some peace. But, here’s my pledge to you, my dear readers:

I will speak the truth in love. I will retain my opinion pieces, but I will cover my words with love – even when chastisement becomes necessary.

One Response so far.

  1. Oh girl you are so sweet. Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate them so much. I do try to always keep things in a God perspective as I see you do too.

    You are right, you cannot just trust any ole blog. It does amaze me at what people write sometimes. We must encourage one another as the Bible tells us to do!
    Much love my friend,
    Angela