Dust Off Your Spiritual Plan

Phew! I've just got to say that I for one am tired! I know that it's only Tuesday but I've had a whirlwind of a week already!

Now, let me tell you something - information overload is a dangerous thing. My head is so full of information from a conference that I attended that I'm hoping and praying that none leaks out.

Yes, there is that possibility. Where can I get some cotton balls y'all? ...ear plugs ...something!

We have so much in store for our energy future and I'm so happy about it. But, it will not come to pass without facing challenges head on and without having a plan.

Did you know that the US has not had an energy plan for the last 40 years? Sure, the state regulators had plans but I'm talking at the federal level. Astounding.

Well, now that we have a new administration and are facing impressive strains on our current electric infrastructure, and growth for electric demand is not abating, it seems like Washington is all abuzz with concern for the industry. You should be too - quick, count how many gadgets you use daily that require electricity...

...refrigerator...air conditoning...cell phone (for charging 'cause you know that you talk that battery down daily!)...hair curlers...blow dryers...electric stove...microwave...computer, etc.

Ah...electricity becomes a mainstream topic now, eh?

I took the opportunity to meet T. Boone Pickens. You've heard of him, right? 80 years old - still going strong. Did you see him on the view? I did. I happened to be home that day with the tv on - not sure why the tv was on.... Anyway, I did catch him and he has an energy plan. Some agree with him and some don't. He's focused on renewable generation - mainly wind. If you are interested in what he had to say, check him out at www.pickensplan.com. Interesting reading. Whether you agree with him or not, he has a plan and he is evangelizing for that plan. I saw his pocket calendar (written manually - not a pda) and he is booked solid - every day a different place and yet it seems sometimes that I cannot get out of the bed. Humph - look who has energy and who has an energy plan!

I'm laughing or else I'd cry. Nevertheless...

At some point, all of us are going to have to be more informed about our energy supply and consumption. At some point, we are going to be ordering up our energy and programming our home heating and cooling from our cellphones. So, we'd better get ready now and start on this learning curve. The energy future is now.

And so is your spiritual future. (I know - what a transition... but I'm running short on time today). Your spiritual future is now. We are being approached with an onslaught of new activities that take our mind off of what is important. We are full of things that do not matter in the Kingdom of God. We have been sleeping as a nation. We've gone 40 years without an energy plan - how long has it been since you've dusted off your spiritual growth plan?

Growing in the spirit in intentional. And, well, if you don't get your life in order, sooner rather than later, you will be facing the perfect storm. You will have: opportunity that society does not shun, means to perpetrate your sin, and a heart hardened to the truth of God that says that your sin is okay. This perfect storm could keep you out of a pleasant eternal resting place.

So, just as now we are having to address our nation's energy concerns, why not now take this opportunity as well to address your spiritual state before it's too late.