Have you been to www.donorschoose.org?


Gratitude and giving have been on my mind for quite awhile. And, I've been thanking God and giving to people as He directs me. It's been quite an experience. Sometimes, I get a "thank you" back from those that He directs me to help, and other times, I don't know what the response to the aid will be. It's kinda neat to know that I'm making a positive impact on those that I reach whether I see it or not.

I was talking to one of my co-workers. She has an adopted child as well as three children that she sponsors through various organizations. She sponsors this one kid in Kenya and has done so for years. They have a relationship through the Christian Children's Fund. I haven't fully committed to sponsorship in that fashion but if God leads me that way, I will. One thing that I have done is something that she mentioned to me. She donates to an organization called Donors Choose.

I instantly liked what I read when I went to their website, www.donorschoose.org. You can sponsor a teacher's classroom project for any school across the country where the teacher has put in a project. I wanted to stay local, so I sponsored a project in my state. As a result, I got a "thank you" from the teacher and because this time, I provided the rest of the money needed, therefore, completing the funding, the students will send me little "thank yous" as well. I'm thinking it will probably be a card or something, but I just love the idea. I like choosing where I donate and knowing exactly what the money buys. I really like knowing that children will really learn from the materials. It's a great opportunity to impact our future.

Now, it's not that I get hung up on knowing what the impact of giving does; instead, knowing motivates me to do more; give more; beyond my giving for the sake of giving.
So, if you get a chance, check out www.donorschoose.org. I'm sure you'll find a project or two to sponsor.

Blessings,
Sanya