Saying "I Do"

I am confronted with a realization today. I have been doing a bit of soul searching and while I have not always known exactly what I wanted in a mate, I’ve had a list of good ideas. I have to now say that this list of ideas is just that – ideas. What I have found in my recent evaluation of myself, is that I need not contend so much with what I think I want or what the world says is good to have in a mate. Now, don’t get me wrong. I do want those things on that list! But it’s not a question of what I want now – it’s a question of what I need. Even on that list, there are some good things and good advice that have been given to me over the years as the “search” continues. But now, I’m not so interested in the “search.” I am, for the first time, really interested in the waiting.

I’ve been waiting by default. I have been too afraid to move ahead of God so the default position for me has been to wait...and I’m waiting…and waiting… But, I cannot say that I’ve always been happy in the waiting. In fact, I can tell you that at some points in this journey, I’ve had my series of temper-tantrums and outright fits. You know the kind that the kids throw in the middle of the store and embarrass their parents. That kind. Bad, I know. But, I’m just telling you where I was.

Now, I am at a place where I believe that I can wait with JOY, knowing that God will send the right person to me at the right time with all of the things that I need. Emphasis on things that I need. God knows all about my future and He knows what’s down the road. I trust Him to provide me with someone capable of helping me navigate those waters. And, I trust Him to provide me with someone who will allow me to help them as well.

So, I say “I Do” to this period. I do want what God has for me even if it doesn’t come wrapped up in expectations decoration that I have relied on over the years. I do want God’s will for my life. And, even when I stumble and fall flat on my face, I will rise up on my faith. I do want to hear “Well Done!”

You may already have your special someone in your life. And, if you do, I pray that you will thank God for that person. And, then I pray that you will say “I Do” over and over again to God’s will for your joined life together.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    So I'm sitting here right and I'm thinking how in the world did I fall in love....No offense but boyfriends were something that I always thought I needed to have you know every girl has a boyfriend looks fun why don't I try it( or maybe thats just me lol) never really thought about marriage or spending the rest of my life with someone are you serious ME....As a child I loved watching the Disney movies you know Aladdin and Jasmine, Cinderella, The little Mermaid, even the Lion King somebody always fell in love and then they lived HAPPILY EVER AFTER so of course as a little girl you watch that and you want your prince but as you grow up....I'm finding that being 18 and over doesn't make you grown ( thats another blog though) you start to realize that sometimes you don't live Happily Ever After and that until you begin to love yourself and find out who you are you don't even know who the right person is....
    But whats exciting to me about love is that it catches you off guard. It's great when your just outside when day minding your own business or at the mall with your girls, or at the store grocery shopping, church wherever.. and little do you know the one you will spend the rest of your life with is there too...I don't believe at all thats it hard to fall in love when its the right person, when its " THE ONE" but what about when hard times hit, that to me is what defines if you have found the right one and if you do wanna spend the rest of your LIFE with him or her...When someone can walk out of your life but not out of heart, when everytime you see that person you get butterflies, you love everything about them , and you can deal with what you don't like about them, when your willing to fight ( NOT PHYSICALLY LADIES AND GENTLEMAN LOL!) for them and go through but yet the pain only makes you love them even the more see now thats the difference between being in love and loving because trust me there is a difference...Love is not crazy, its not pyscho don't get all crazy stalker on the person you love...let them go because another thing about love is when you love somebody you have to let them go and take the risk that they'll come back and if they love YOU they will come back then thats how you know you've truly found "THE ONE".