P1 Devious Devils: Recognition

I was watching the intro to a movie yesterday that had an interesting quote.


"Hell is empty,
And all the devils are here."

from The Tempest by William Shakespeare

Then, I turned the channel.

However, that quote from Shakespeare leads us into the topic today. We are discussing “Devious Devils” as promised in the kick-off post from last week.

The first thing that we must recognize is that we all have an adversary – the devil. He uses those in his company to accomplish his purposes. That is why the Scripture tells us that we don’t wrestle against people (flesh and blood) – instead, it’s the rulers of the darkness – the evil one.

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12 KJV

So, our first step is to recognize that we are not fighting our neighbor or our family member or coworker - you get me, right. Instead, we are fighting with the forces of Hell. And, at times, when things are really going crazy in our lives, it may just seem like Hell is empty. It may even seem like all of Hell is now intimately involved in YOUR life – following you around and not paying any attention to anyone else. Sometimes you may feel like Hell has you and you alone on their radar - everybody else gets a free pass. But, I can assure you this is not the case. It’s just another trick of the enemy. The enemy’s time is too short to just stay focused on you. He’s after the big grab and wants to take as many into his eternal sentence as possible.

So, change your perspective.

You are not fighting the person you see – you are fighting against determined spiritual wickedness.

This realization should bring about more intense prayer in your lives.

While some Christians are fainting when the enemy roars, others are digging in their heels saying that we will not be moved! The battle has already been won and the Saints of God are victorious. Which side are you on? Team Fainters or Team Faithful.

When we recognize the seriousness of it, and we love the Lord, then fainting no longer seems like a good thing to do, right? Because we recognize that fainting means joining up with those evil forces.

We will dig more into the activity of those evil ones in the next post.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    This is the day that the lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. I'm too focused to let the devil stop me from what God has called me to do. 1 Corithians 15:58-Therefore, my beloved brethen, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. Things may arise in my life and everything may not go the way I planned it to. But I praise God because all the things work together for the good for them that love the lord. I know everything is going to work out for the Good. This woman of God will breakforth and do the thing that God has called her to do. I will stand still and see the salvation of the Lord because his joy is my strength. NO matter what the enemy throws at me I will be steadfast and immovable, I will go to the level that God is trying to reach me at. I will praise God through the good and through the bad.