Crisis Christians - Part Two

Now that you've prayed (see yesterday's post), you have that peace that only God can give.

Peace, I leave with you, my peace, I give unto you: not as the world giveth,
give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. - John 14:27.
Now, you are able to look at that problem with a fresh set of eyes and a renewed mind.

If not, go back and repeat step one.

Now, that we are calm, we are more able to receive/hear from God.

The best place to start is the the instruction manual. You may think that sounds crazy, but when I purchased my first car, I read the instruction manual. You can never learn too much about a multi-ton vehicle that can save you in the time of need. I know how to operate my car more efficiently in inclement weather - for example. And, that knowledge came in extremely handy when we had an icestorm a few years back. So, if reading a manual for a car helps me, then surely reading the Bible - Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth will definately help and not hurt.

When you read your Word, be sure that you are reading for comprehension and not just glossing over words getting only a shallow understanding. When I read, I like to ask myself three things that I picked up from a former Sunday School teacher.

1. What did the passage SAY?
2. What does the passage MEAN?
3. How can I APPLY that to my life?

If you will take the time to read and understand your Bible and the instructions being given to you, then you are well on your way to overcoming any problems that may attempt to come your way. When you know the Word of God and know how to apply it to your situation, you have a valuable tool in combatting obstacles.
Our post next week will pick up on Disciplined Disciples, the third component of our Faith and the Long Haul Series.

And remember, I would love to hear from you and I do understand that some do not like posting, so feel free to email me here.






2 Responses so far.

  1. Love those three questions girl.
    I also wanted to invite you to a pilot study I am doing on my blog. No pressure just pray about it and let me know if interested.
    Much love,
    Angela

  2. Anonymous says:

    YES THOSE THREE STEPS DI HELP BECAUSE IT HELP ME OUT ALOT ..THANKS MIN KING!!! I NOW KNOW WHAT I AM READING AND I MAKE IT PERSONAL...