Faith and the Long Haul





[Series – Part 1]

When I think about the work of Jesus on the cross, I think about “for the long haul.” Everything He did for us was “for the long haul.” We have a right to eternal life now because of His work – that’s “for the long haul.” We have examples of what our ministry should be like and what it should produce. We have it recorded very carefully in the Bible. We have it to reference “for the long haul.” We have been surrounded by those who have walked with God and have experienced trials and tribulations but have come through it stronger in their faith. We have their testimony – and our own – to refer to “for the long haul.” We have been given everything that we need to endure “for the long haul.”

So, why are so many Christians fainting?

This is the question that I am pondering. Why do we faint? Why is it far easier to give up than to press on? Why is it that we have such a hard time with our faith when things take such a long period of time to come to pass? In this next series of posts, we will examine:
(1) Devious Devils
(2) Crisis Christians
(3) Disciplined Disciplines

I hope that you will join me as we take embark on this journey. The posts will be spread out over a period of time to give time for each of you to read and digest the contents and prayerfully, to post a comment or send an email to me with your thoughts and even your concerns. I promise you that if you post a prayer concern, I will partner with you in prayer for that item – and you may feel free to post anonymously. God knows who you are – the rest of cyberspace does not have to know. :-)

Pray with me as I move in this direction. I’m expecting a great move from the Lord as we begin this examination together.