When God Tells You "No", Praise Him


When God tells you "no", praise Him. 


I know that's probably the last thing you wanted to hear. But, that's the best thing that I can tell you. When we really want something that is outside of God's will for us, it truly is best to obey the Lord. Do not, let me go ahead and repeat that, do not, under any circumstances, go outside of the will of God. 


If you know the Lord has told you "no", accept His "no" as the final answer. There is no need to waste time petitioning the Lord, and going after Him with different angles. You know how kids approach their parents with the same question phrased differently? Kingdom kids do that too. Although earthly parents may compromise and change their minds because their kids are so cute and cleaver, God is not wishy-washy. If He said "no", He means it. 


So, how do you move forward after accepting the "no" from the Lord? 


I admit that sometimes I get stuck here. I hear "no", I accept "no" and then I ask, "now what?" 


The answer is to praise God. If you're praising, depression, sadness, joylessness and doubt can't wear your down. They can't even catch up to you!  


Praise in the midst of a disappointing "no" is easy when you believe in your heart that God knows what's best for you. You can praise God in the midst of His "no" when you accept that His plan for your life is much better and thorough than your own plan for your life. "No" is easier to swallow when you have faith and trust in God. 


You may not understand why God said "no." Sometimes, it really is not for us to understand, just to obey. So, don't get hung up on that. Accept that God's ways are not our own ways. If we could figure out what was best for us, then why would we need a Savior? We don't always know - but God does. 


So, the next time God tells you know, don't get mad, upset, depressed or dejected. Don't worry or obsess. Just praise God! Say to yourself: "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being!" (Psalm 146:2)
Copyright Beams of Light Ministries