An Extra Prize!

Don’t you just love it when you make a call about one thing and find out about something else? I do. It’s like getting an extra prize in your cereal box or doing a two-for-the-price-of one deal. Exciting!


Well, come to find out that one of my family members through marriage is getting promoted. He’s in the military. I’m so excited for him. I remember when one of my good school mates was promoted to the rank of Major and invited me to his ceremony (he’s in the Army – I wrote about him in my Army Strong post). His ceremony was sooooo very nice. I really enjoyed myself. I’ll never forget it – even though I had to drive to what seemed like the end of the world to get there!


It’s always good to advance in something that you love to do. Oh yea, Chunk's mom is getting promoted too. She'll change ranks right before she deploys.


It’s such a blessing to see tangibly how God moves in the lives of my family and friends. And that, I guess, is in some ways, yet another extra prize. I’ve got prizes flowing from every corner. Isn’t that just fantastic? And guess what? You do too!


We can choose to look at each opportunity we face as a hindrance, obstacle or something equally unpleasant. Or, we can make a decision to look at every aspect of our lives and choose to see God working in them. Maturity, though hard-won, has taught me to choose the latter.


I hope you will join me in viewing every situation with the right perspective. I hope you will see that it is so much better, and peaceful, to look at each situation with an eye towards God – looking for the extra prize, and seeing His hand in it.


Happy Thursday Y’all!



Copyright Beams of Light Ministries