Tomorrow will care for itself


It’s Friday but I’m thinking about Monday.


I’m looking down the barrel of another hard week. This week, I’ve worked late most nights, I’ve taught my class, wrote a peer critique, dealt with a knee injury that would wake me up in the middle of the night and managed somehow to keep my sanity. I would rejoice that it’s Friday, but tonight, I’ll have to miss a fellowship that I had planned to attend in order to catch up on some other work.


Monday, I’ll press the reset button and do it again.



In the coming seven days, I will have taught three times, and have spoken at a Youth Conference an hour away from home; all four of these areas need individual preparation. As I am not independently wealthy, I will also work my job! With joy, too. I like my job. I need my job. Thank God for my job! O.K.A.Y!!!


I’m not complaining nor panicking, I’m trusting God. It’s a heavy load. My mind has jumped off track, so I might as well share – I had a flashback to Dreamgirls when they sang “heavy, heavy …you got so heavy on me…” Seriously. I don’t know why I went there…


Anyway, I’m not in a panic because I am clinging to a Scripture - Matthew 6:34 (NASB) "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


And the church said, “AMEN!”


That doesn’t mean that I bury my head in the sand and act like I don’t know what it means to look at a calendar. I look at my calendar to prepare. Everything on my plate right now is God-ordained. So, since He’s loading me up like this, I recognize it as purpose. And, if I am operating in His purpose, then I don’t have to worry.


Same applies to you too. If you are feeling the weight of a truckload of responsibility, know that God is in control and He can equip you to carry the load. It will require your dependence on Him. Get your lean on. If you lean on God, you won’t fall. But if you try to stand on your own, you may realize you’re standing in quicksand - if you know what I mean.


Copyright Beams of Light Ministries