He's Faithful to Meet Us


I kinda feel like I'm on a treadmill. But, I am keeping my eyes on the prize - and no, it's not french fries or chicken or any of my other favorite snacks. Spiritual growth and living a life that pleases God - that's the prize. I mentioned last week that this week would keep me rolling - hence the treadmill thingy. I thought I would pop in tonight for just a minute to update you - and really, more than that, to let you know how awesome God is in the midst! 


The ref blew the start whistle on Monday. I ignored him until he kept blowing and blowing. (oh - the ref is my alarm clock). Anyhooooooo - after I satisfied the ref, I was up and rolling. I got so much accomplished Monday despite the fact that I felt D.R.A.I.N.E.D all day long. Did I mention ALL DAY?, cause I really mean all day. I was so drained that I thought something was wrong with me. So, I gave myself a bed time and failed to keep it. You knew that was coming, right? I don't know why I bothered with the time crunching...you know how we do - I need to get X,Y and Z done before X time so that I can get into bed. The plan was made and the plan was dropped just as quickly. But the wonderful thing about God is this - when I did finally crawl into bed, I slept like a champ. I woke up Tuesday refreshed as if I'd sleep 8 hours. Whoooa! Good times.


Tuesday was another testiment to the grace of God. For Tuesday, I woke up early and got to work late. I don't know what happened really. It had something to do with those pants I ironed I guess. Anyway, 15 minutes late, I'm on-fire for the job. I breeze through some of my workload until I see an email redirecting my efforts for a considerable part of the day...throwing my plan off schedule. But you know what? The wonderful thing about God is that even though I had a plan, His plan was better - even if it included a request that I had not accounted for. I missed my personal deadline yesterday, but I met my revamped deadline today. Awesome God! 


So, as you can tell, Wednesday is running pretty smooth. I've spent the evening studying for my class and preparing for my talk on Saturday in Fayetteville. Everything is looking good. And I'm rolling around with sheer joy in the realization that God is in every single detail. He's there. All we have to do is to acknowledge Him. Three more intense pressure days lay ahead of me, but with God, all things are possible. I know He won't let me fall. 


Hope you're having a great week. And if you get a chance, pray for somebody that you know is having a tough time - whether it be a tough day, week or season, lift that person up in prayer. I have personally experienced our God in an intimate way this week knowing that He is faithful to meet us in our every need. 


Cheers!




Copyright Beams of Light Ministries