The Right Perspective

Hey! I'm back from PT. This time, it wasn't so bad.

Now, on to the good stuff. Bible Study last night.

Pastor talked about a lot of good things but the one thing that sticks with me today is the perspective that we have on things. We discussed how you may get a bad report from your doctor or even from your job or a myriad of other places - no matter what, you get some bad news.

At that point, once you've heard the news, you have a choice. You can either go down in defeat or trust in God.

I never really thought about limiting my choices. You know I like options! But, if I limit my choices to just those two things - having a defeatist mentality or having a trusting-in-the-Lord-no-matter-what mentality, then guess which one I'm going to choose?

Now, this is easier said than done. Not too long ago I got some rather interesting news myself. But, praise be to God, everything is working out. I refuse to believe that my faith has to bow down to any bad news. How about you?

It's when we go through that our faith needs to shine through us. That makes sense doesn't it?

Feeling blue? - let your faith shine through! (Hey, I like that - the Lord just gave it to me!)

Anyway, I guess the whole point of this blog post today is to encourage you to keep the faith. Have more than a little trust in Jesus. He is bigger than your circumstances and obstacles. Afterall, when those winds and waves were beating those disciplines on that boat - Who came out walking on the water - none other than Jesus - demonstrating that He is Lord over everything. (God gave that to my Pastor to give to us last night!) So, cling to the One that knows how to really control your life and it's issues. If God tells you to move on something or to go somewhere - just do it. He's in control.

Following God is not a difficult thing to do when you just do it. Get the right perspective!