Love 'em? Tell 'em.

If you love someone, you should tell them.

I have oft times been afraid to let people inside. I have been the victim of senseless hurt. And, as a result, instead of clinging to my Jesus, I clung to my wounds - fearful of letting anyone else inside, just in case they might hurt me too.

But, then one day, it really, really happened. I fell deeply in love - quick too. But, the problem was that I couldn't communicate it. I hid my love behind a wall, only letting small portions out at a time.

Okay, let me rephrase - only letting itsy, bitsy, portions out at a time. The end result was when I was ready to let my burning love flow like a river - the relationship was over. Go figure. That was years ago and I can still remember my shock - and the ocean of tears that followed. So, what have I done since then?

Well, honestly, I built another wall - only this one was stronger, more sturdy, made of the finest "keep-folks-out" fear-harboring material I could find with a "built to last for eternity" guarantee. This was the wrong move.

Okay, let me rephrase - DON'T DO THAT! It's the wrong thing to do.

I'm not saying pour your heart out without regard for the consequences. Afterall, the Bible says to guard our heart with all diligence. I am saying that when you venture out to love someone, let them know. There's nothing sweeter than an "I love you" from someone that you care about.

Don't let fear govern your life. Let God rule it. Build your relationship with God and He will certainly make sure that your heart is protected. No need for a strong wall, as specified above. I'm tearing mine down - and as I do, I'm sifting through all of the time and energy wasted in the false hope of protection.

I don't want you to have to sift through the rubble. So, if there is someone that you love today, stop reading this blog and go tell them.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Nice Blog!!!It Hit home!!!LOL

  2. Anonymous says:

    We love you Sanya!
    The Anyabwile's