Read the Word

I got an email the other day and it made me think. The point the writer was expressing was a simple but profound one. Here it is:

Why is it that we question the Bible, but we will readily accept what we read in newspapers?

Interesting huh?

Political pundits, opinion editors, bloggers, newspaper staff, authors, book publishers and those in similar professions and trades would not have a job if no one read what they wrote. Yet, some people, who identify themselves as Christians, will pick up a daily newspaper and read it in its entirety but will also only pick up their Bibles on their way to church - if then - and will only read it when the passage for the sermon goes forth. They don't read their Bibles during the week but they will not miss an edition of the newspaper.

Interesting huh?

How can we know how to live holy if we never pick up the Manual? How can we know about the One that we serve if we never read His letters to us? How can we be proficient but never study the Book? How can we pass over into eternity having never spent real quality time building a relationship with Him?

Interesting huh?

Being a blogger, I love it when you stop by. I especially love to see my readership growing. It makes me feel pretty good. I feel especially good when you leave a comment. But, I'm just me. I'm just flesh. And, well, I don't have much to offer. I try to be a vessel for God's use but sometimes I fall short. Imagine how God would feel if you stopped by and read His Word - daily. Imagine how He would feel to see the readership of the Bible growing. I think He'd feel pretty good! And, He's God. He has everything to offer!!!

So, thanks for stopping by today. Pick up your Bible and read it today - read it again if you've read it already. And then, if you wanna, let me know what you read. Who knows - we may be reading the same thing!