Be the Wheat

I can concerned about our society and what it finds newsworthy. I am concerned that we don’t care enough about our fellow human. We lack compassion necessary to “make this world a better place.”

I don’t know what it means if a person can die and people will still attack them in mainstream media. Why can’t we just leave them alone?

I don’t know what it means if every good deed is turned upside down and manipulated to make it vile and disgusting. We’re so busy pointing fingers and judging one another. Why don’t we look at the man in the mirror?

I don’t know what it means when a field of wheat looks as if it is overtaken by the tares. But I do know this. At harvest time, the wheat will be gathered unto the Master and the tares will be burned.

So, that’s where I am this morning. Concerned with our nation, yet ever-confident in God. I know that He is yet on the throne and still in control despite my limited understanding. I know that it’s up to me, and you, to start showing even more compassion and blessing the lives of others. Everybody is different but we were all created by God. Therefore, our job is not to indict or bring others up on charges, but instead, with full recognition of our God, we are to love like Jesus loved and live as He so modeled, with compassion, energy and fullness of heart – devoted to the Father. If you and I will focus on this instead of media sensationalism, we will get to a better place – a place where the wheat is gathered and the tares are eternally burned.

I encourage you today to be the wheat, not the tare.

Beams Blog Footer 3