International Destinations?

Whew! I've had a week away from work but I would not by any stretch of the imagination call it a vacation. I've been with the kids from my church at camp in the woods, running errands, and getting things accomplished that have been piling up on my to-do list.

And while getting those needed things done makes me feel better, I still grimace at all the things I have yet to do. You see, there is always something waiting for me to take care of. I need a real vacation.

I'm talking about not visiting anyone, just going to some nice location and letting my mind scale back a bit. I think I'll start thinking about where I'll go and when. I'm going to make it for this year. A pleasure trip. Any ideas where I can go?

I could go back to the Cayman Islands. I'm pretty familiar with the island since I've practically driven myself all around it. Maybe that nice Ritz Carlton is calling my name...white sandy beaches, beautiful blue water, snorkeling at Rum Point or the stocked Turtle Farm... hmmm. Sounds good.

But, maybe I should explore some place I've never been... Maybe Rome or Florence. Crossing the Atlantic has become commonplace now. And, the airline miles wouldn't hurt.

What do you think? Where have you been internationally that you'd go back to again in a heartbeat?

Beams Blog Footer 3