The Storms Will Blow Over

Outside my window, it’s foggy. The soupy kind. Visibility is limited this morning. The forecasters are all calling for travelers to really take it easy on the highways until the fog lifts. They are encouraging careful driving and patience as to avoid any accidents.

As I listened to the forecast, I began to see my past two weeks as foggy. The soupy kind. My visibility into what was happening and what was going on was limited. And, my spirit was urging me to really take it easy as I walked down this valley. My family and prayer partners encouraged me to take everything step by step as to avoid any accidents in my walk with the Lord. They told me to not be too hasty or impatient but to put up the umbrella of my faith and weather this storm. That’s what I did, and that’s what I’m doing.

The storm winds are yet blowing. It’s like one of those inclement weather seasons where the winds whip and roar, and if you are unfortunate enough to get caught up in them, even when you make it back to safety, you look and feel battered and torn.

The good thing about storms is that they are temporary. Sure, they hang on for longer than we’d like, but they are still temporary. The storm will blow over. It has too. And many times, after downpours of wind and rain, the sun comes out. A rainbow appears. And, that’s worth waiting for.

I’m encouraged. My soul is anchored in the Lord. You be encouraged too that no matter what you’re going through, our God is able to bring us through it all.


Beams Blog Footer 3

2 Responses so far.

  1. Thank you Sonja, this was really encouraging, I'm a missionary mom in Brazil and we have gone through many ups and downs. This has encouraged me to wait and given me more hope that the storm will finish soon.

    Blessings to you,

    Ana

  2. Kathy says:

    Awesome insight, Sanya!