I don't understand, but God does

Wow, what a week!

Sometimes things happen and we don't quite understand. I don't understand why my friend had to die when he died. But God knows.

I don't understand how an airliner crossing the Atlantic could go down killing all on board. Pitot tube? Really? It brought up a sudden and unusual fear in me as I make preparations to go transatlantic next month. But God knows and He cares so He calmed my concerns.

I don't understand how a factory with some many workers could suddenly explode in one section, killing three people, affecting a community.

I don't understand how a computer operated train could suddenly crash into the back of another, killing nine people, affecting yet another community.

I don't understand that after all the international tragedy and local tragedy how yet tragedy can hit us nationally once more. For this week alone, we had seen three celebrity deaths: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I don't understand, but I know Who does.

In thinking about this situation, my heart goes out to everyone that has lost someone - even if that someone is a celebrity that you really didn't know but felt you knew. For instance, I didn't know Michael Jackson but I grew up listening to his music and feel a sadness now at his death. I feel grief for his children, his family and his fans.

Sudden death just is not easy; death itself is not easy. And it makes us think once more about the finiteness of our existance. I am not going to spend much time trying to figure out the things I don't know. What I will do is to pray for the bereaved - myself included. And, I will cast my cares on the Lord for I know that He cares for me. He cares for you too.

So no matter how you are feeling about everything that is going on, know that you can trust God. Know that you can take your cares and concerns to Him. He knows and understands how you are feeling and He will comfort you.



Beams Blog Footer 3

6 Responses so far.

  1. Veronica says:

    Hello Ms. King,
    I do trust Him with all my heart.
    I trust God to comfort all those going through bereavement. I trust God to keep you safe as you prepare for air travel. I trust God to keep all his promises. Stay encourage in knowing God's perfect peace in the midst of confusing times. I have trusted God's peace and promises through abuse, neglect and confusion. Therefore, I can feel the presence of God's love towards me. He is the true and living God.

    Thank you for today's blog.

  2. V - Thanks for the encouragement! And, what you say is true - He IS the true and living God!

  3. Yeah things in our world are insane! Not even close to understandable yet HE knows all things. In that I can rest and thanks for the reminder. Did you hear today that Billy Blanks died. That infomercial voice for oxyclean and other things. Girl this is crazy!
    Much love,
    Angela

  4. Love your blog and I will return.

    Mysteries...that's what you've hit and I recall the peace that I realized when I knew I could never fully understand God and the way He has made everything. Isn't that much of what Job learned through all of his trials?

    But I recall in my thirties I looked at death and realized that life becomes sacred and valuable because of death. If no one ever died ... imagine that for a while and you can see why our cycles of life and then death give us a sense of life's value.

    I don't know how God does it: but I do look forward to being "birthed" into HIs eternal life when my "counted" days are complete. Because of Jesus Christ I celebrate life and death.

    But...the grief and the loss of those we miss...that's as great a pain as we bear.

    Keep writing; it's great

    Kay of SC

  5. Hey Angela! I know, these are praying times for real!

    I think you were referring to Billy MAYS (the Oxi clean pitchman) that passed away. Billy Blanks is the Tae Bo guy. :-)
    Cheers!!

    Love,
    Sanya

  6. Kay,

    Thank you so much for your encouragement! I really appreciate it and I look forward to meeting you!

    <3,
    Sanya