Your Words Were Found



The pages of this book speak life for my many times desperate soul. It is a treasure unlike any other I have know before. When I consulted with it on my finances, it told me what to do, and I have been obedient in doing it every since. When I needed direction, it told me how to proceed. When I wanted to know how to live a life that would glorify God,  it counseled me into right behavior. 


For my life, it is essential. Its riches are priceless. 


It’s pages yielded up a nugget of truth when I least expected it. I simply picked up the book and found within, a few words nestled on a page. Yet these words, this verse, lept up at me, making me notice. 


These words, made my stomach rumble with desire. 


These words made my mind search for applicable inventory.


These words, spoke life and rejuvenated me to continue to press forward into the riches of the book. They challenged my previous concepts and nurtured me just the same. 


These words: 


“Your words were found, and I ate them,
And Your Word was to me the joy and rejoicing 
of my heart” 
-Jeremiah 15:16


give me hope. I am hopeful because I am reminded that I do have this invaluable resource at my disposal in various translations and forms - whether hardback or leather; KJV,NIV, ESV etc.  I have the Word. I am privileged because I have the Word. And the more that I spend time in the Word, it is becoming to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart. 


It is becoming to me that “thing” that makes me happy. When I cradle it to my chest, I feel the power of it. It’s not just a bunch of words in a book. It is THE Word. The Inspired Word of the Living God. It’s life to me. 


I never thought I would feel this way about the printed Word of God. When I got saved, I had my mind on the Lord in a different way. But when I pick up these God-breathed pages - when I lay my weary hands to this book, I feel a tangible knowing. God is real. His Word is true. And knowing that He has made a way for me - and you - to find our way back to Him through the pages of a beautiful book that has lived throughout the ages - where people, who recognize its power will utilize it (hopefully for good - still got that Book of Eli movie on my mind too) - is amazing. 


I can only hope that you treasure the book like I do - or even more so. It is amazing to me how many people will go back home if they forget their cellphone but won’t go back home if they forget their Bible. But that’s about relationship. They recognize the value in having their mobile device with them but they do not recognize the value in having their godly device with them. But that’s another topic for another post. I encourage you to take the time to read your Bible, particularly if you SAY you are a believer. Establish your relationship so that you can say the words of Jeremiah 15:16 with sincerity.


Copyright Beams of Light Ministries