He Keeps on Keeping Me

I've had one of those weeks where on Monday, you're asking "is it Friday?" It is only Wednesday, and if I did not know better, I would think someone, somewhere, added days to my week. 


It's been long and stressful and I'm three days in. But, I really do not have anything to complain about. Yes, it's been tough this week, but when I think about the fact that I'm still alive, I'm still healthy, I still have a roof over my head - what's a few tough days? 


If I flip on the television, and watch the incessant coverage on the earthquake in Haiti or if I jot over to Twitter and read all the chatter on #Haiti, then no, my week simply cannot compare. 


Someone once said that somebody always has it worse than you do. I don't know the origin or any details, but I understand the intent to take the focus off of ourselves long enough to realize how blessed we are. 


I'm blessed tonight. And so are you. Because at the very minimum, you have eyes to see this post, and knowledge to read and comprehend. You have a computer or access to an electronic device with internet capability and you have the time to peruse the internet at your leisure. You are blessed tonight.


So, as I prepare to go and thank the Lord for all that He has done for us, I just want to remind you that no matter how bad your week or day has been, God has blessed you and He has kept you. What a wonderful thing! 
Copyright Beams of Light Ministries

One Response so far.

  1. I'm watching the footage right now. It's so sad; terrible loss of life.