My Fresh Perspective

I have two little friends that don't do anything fast. And when I mean that they don't do anything fast, that's exactly what I mean. In fact, whenever I want them to do something by a certain time, I give them 45 minutes to an hour before its due. For instance, if I want to leave the house by 9:00am, then I tell them to get ready to leave by 8:15. They move that slow. Plus I have to tell them the same things multiple times. It seems the first few time, they really didn't "hear" me.

I, on the other hand move really fast. I zip from one thing to the other and by the end of the day, I have accomplished a mass amount of things - all well done, of course... I value efficiency. I want to move in and get the job done and then move on to the next thing and the next thing. I want to feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the day. I rest better that way.

So, I imagine this week that God has really gotten a kick out of watching me relate to these little friends of mine. They are little. I cannot expect them to move with speed and agility like me. They are accustomed to moving ever so slowly - so in a week's time, I cannot expect them to value efficiency. No, I just have to adapt.

So, I've been adapting. My first full day of adaptation meant I slept past the call of the roosters (literally). And, now I'm in a rhythm. It's different from what I'm used to but for this week, it will work.

And, that's the way that it is sometimes. I've been talking about trying something new and this is indeed something new. It's a much, much, much slower pace than what I'm used to but that doesn't make it bad - instead it gives me fresh perspective. And, who can quarrel with that?

One Response so far.

  1. Tell your two little friends that when their daddy gets home they're gonna get a whoopin' for not obeying you! It's good that you got a lesson and all out of it, but they're gonna get a lesson too.