Another Opportunity to Praise Him

Life can hand you some hard knocks. There have been pointed times in my life where I felt like I was all alone and that no one cared for me. There have been times in my life when I wondered why I existed and what my purpose was. There have been times in my life when every breath that I breathed felt like some cruel joke because all I wanted to do was to die. Life can hand you some hard knocks.

But, thanks be to God, I got to know the Creator.

I found out that although my life has had some trying times, that God knows, and He cares. I found out that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I found out that from the beginning of time, He has known me. I found out just how much He loves me and that even on my worst day, having an opportunity to praise Him makes life worth living.

The Holiday season can bring about depression in some people who don't have "Hallmark" or "Cosby" family and friends. Whatever circumstance brought you to the point where you feel alone and isolated, I want to tell you today that you are not alone. You are worthy in God's sight. You were uniquely formed and created by the Master. And, whether or not you have someone to share your life's details with, God loves you. He knows all about you and He cares for you.

So, approach this season thinking about what you have and not about what you don't have. Think about the fact that this is the day that the Lord has made and you have another opportunity to worship Him.

One Response so far.

  1. Amen.Good points.
    Blessings,
    Angela