Are You Recovering?

Are you recovering from all of that Thanksgiving turkey?

This year, I did something different. Instead of my tried and true tradition, I celebrated Thanksgiving at three airports, finally eating my long sought after turkey around 7:30pm. It was great! I can still remember the savory taste and enjoying my food.

I like to eat my Thanksgiving dinner, savoring every bite, only talking when I have to. I would much prefer to reflect over the goodness of the Lord with every morsel. I know that I should do this anyway at every meal, but something about Thanksgiving makes me more appreciative. I want to reflect - remember - give thanks!

I also like the fellowship that comes with Thanksgiving. I like how everyone anticipates the food and the conversations that follow and I like how everyone is soooo full after eating that we're ready to unbutton jeans and fall into some type of turkey-coma.

I like all of those things. But doing it different this year has given me an appreciation for how everyone may do things a little differently. And, that's cool too. The end result is the same - we all end up needing some time to recover from all of that turkey!

So, how's it coming? Are you recovering?