My Heart Condition


I’m stressed and my body is beginning to show signs of the pressure. I noticed that I’ve been having consistent headaches – abnormal headaches. I decided to take my blood pressure. Let’s just say I was way out of bounds – out of normal limits. That’s a clear indication that change is needed. Hypertension runs in my family.

I started back on an exercise routine. Three times a week. That’s about all that I can realistically do. For months now, my gym fee has been little more than a non-tax deductible, charitable donation. I was not being a good steward of my funds nor taking good care of my body.

Now, I’m dealing with the consequences and my body has sent out a cautionary yellow flag. I yield. And, in doing so, I’ve been doing some soul searching. Well, what I mean is that I’ve sat down with God to have a few conversations. You remember that I mentioned this in my post entitled Weeds! In doing so, I recognize that I have a heart condition. My heart, much to my surprise, is not where it should be with God.

How do I know? Upon spending some time reading some the Bible and some other Christian materials, I have been reawakened to the fact that what is in my heart will fly out of my mouth – and that is not always a good thing. A change is required. I have to have the ambassador’s approach to my life.

God calls us to surrender our own lives – lay down our own will and desires –to pick up His and be effective ambassadors of His kingdom. There have been many times lately when I was an ambassador of my own kingdom and not His Kingdom. It was God’s grace and mercy that has led me back to being His ambassador. And, it’s that same grace and mercy that is prompting this heart examination. I pray that as the spirit leads, you too will examine your heart, to ensure that you are the ambassador of HIS kingdom. Ah! Refreshing water for my trip through the valley. (see the Though the Valley post)

An examination of our heart will surely relieve tension brought about by the “stuff” of life. I’m taking steps to improve the condition of my heart. I will exercise it spiritually by practicing God-glorifying things and keeping my motives pure. I will keep in synch with the Spirit to make sure that I am doing God’s will and using each opportunity provided as ministry – especially those opportunities that would seek to frustrate me. That takes the focus off of my kingdom and onto His kingdom. I am determined to get my heart in tip- top condition with the aid of the Spirit dwelling within. Thanks be to God for this wonderful opportunity. And now that I think of it, I thank Him as well for the valley experience – I already feel stronger than I was coming in.

Thank you for your prayers. Keep praying!

Sanya

2 Responses so far.

  1. I love this parallel Sanya. Thanks for being real and your vulnerability. I am praying. I have seen these periods in my life too and there is hope of getting right. You are on the right path and I am proud of you! Keep running the race with endurance and keep your eye on the prize!
    Much love,
    Angela

  2. Kathy says:

    I'm with Angela--just keep it up! God will help you be a good steward of the body he's given you.