Looking in the Mirror

I looked in the mirror today.

I know that's a strange statement considering the fact that we all look in the mirror every day to brush our teeth, comb our hair etc. But today, I really looked. I was not examining a new pimple from my latest bout with adult acne. I was looking at me - beyond the surface. And guess what, I saw/realized something.

I am God's creation. And that's a wonderful thing. He is constantly molding and shaping me into His likeness. Every time I really look in the mirror, I see something new. Lately, God has been building my faith. I've been traveling to low places and climbing steep mountain sides. With the help of God, I made it through! And now, as a result of my recent experiences, I look in the mirror and I see that my eyes look brighter and my face has a certain glow - not brought about by skin products - but by the assurance that my Father loves me! He cares for me! And, that knowledge just makes me feel so warm and fuzzy! I'm glowing as a result! I did notice another gray hair popping up - but I'm counting that as joy too! That MUST mean that I'm gaining wisdom along the journey. :-)

For a period of time, looking in the mirror reminded me of what I am not. But, now, trusting and loving God as I do, looking in the mirror reminds me of Whose I am. Everything else is of little consequence.

Will you look in the mirror today? Try it and let me know what you see!

2 Responses so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    What a beautiful reminder, Sanya! I need to stop focusing on my ever-darkening under-eye circles and the depth of my skin folds, and instead see myself with the love Christ does. Thanks.

  2. Anonymous says:

    I love this post. Thank you for reminding me that I am also God's creation. I have been in the lows lately and am climbing up that mountain. I feel his strength and its a good feeling.