Desire Wisdom

I thank God for many things. Right now, at the forefront of my mind, I thank God for His WISDOM.

I just had a conversation where I was seeking guidance and direction. [sidebar – why do we ask the question when we already know the answer?] Anyway, knowing full well what I needed to be doing, I indulged my flesh a little. I complained. I questioned. I reasoned. I’m sure that God laughed at me.

I thank God for the ministry of Rick Renner in writing a daily devotional. Do you want to know what Renner wrote about today…wait for it…WISDOM.

James 1:5 says “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

Essentially, James tells us that we can come directly to God for wisdom and He will give it to us, without severe reproach or criticism.

Renner says that when a person lacks wisdom, it nearly paralyzes him because he doesn’t know what to do. Well, I don’t want to live my life paralyzed due to lack of wisdom. When I recognized that God had directed me right back to the same answer that He’d given me before I engaged in my conversation, I knew what I needed to do AND I did it. I went to God for WISDOM. If you are seeking guidance and direction in ANYTHING, I pray that you will go boldly and confidently to God and ask Him for wisdom. He will give it to you freely – you can believe that!

2 Responses so far.

  1. I just love how God does that! Great post! He is the wisdom giver.
    Much love,
    Angela

  2. Kathy says:

    Thanks for the reminder! It's so easy to "indulge the flesh" and give in to complaining and questioning, isn't it? I know it's time for me to ask for more wisdom. :-)