Susan Meissner's Shape of Mercy

Have you read the Shape of Mercy? I loved that book. So much so that I've passed it along to my mom. The cool thing about it is that now we can discuss it. When I read it, I couldn't put that book down! My mom is reading it as she can slot it in to her schedule, but it's so masterfully written that she can read it and put it down and still remember what's going on when she picks it back up again. In fact, we were discussing it last night and she mentioned a portion of the book that I instantly recalled. I can't even remember what I ate a few days ago but I can remember what happened in The Shape of Mercy! Seriously! 


I met Susan Meissner and was able to spend some time with her this past weekend at SheSpeaks. Now, this is not to say that we're now best buddies or anything, but she allowed a natural, easy-going conversation to take place between the two of us. She's not the least bit pretentious. She's kind-hearted and a good listener. To know me is to know that I can engage in random conversation from time to time. She allowed it. She didn't seem perturbed. I was talking about Delta Airlines and when I like to board the plane for goodness sakes! She allowed it. 


So, I want you to allow yourself to experience The Shape of Mercy and the gifted writer, better known as Susan Meissner. She's on Twitter - @susanmeissner. And her website is: www.susanmeissner.com. After you read the Shape of Mercy, there is a blog that keeps the story going if you're so inclined. 


If I could tell Susan anything, it would be, thank you! Thank you for your kindness. Thank you for penning such a masterful story.





Copyright Beams of Light Ministries