A Review: Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones

I stood in the line waiting to have my free novel signed by her. Jenny B. Jones intrigued me. Small stature but big personality. Novel writer and E! TV watcher. Christian, sincere but not the least bit stodgy. A mystery.

She signed the book with my name, and a personal message of encouragement to me – with Scripture. She took the time to write to a woman she’d never met but whom she knew held a dream tucked deep. I would not shelve her book. No, I’d read it. And soon.

I peeled back the cover and read the Prologue. It was 10:30 at night. I figured I’d just get a few pages in before bed. I was up past midnight, tension building the whole time. And I had to work the next day. I was hooked. I woke up, read, dressed for work, read while my computer was booting, ate lunch, read and came home and finished reading. I read the entire book in less than 24 hours. This, my friend never happens to me. But I was so invested in Lucy…

Wait, I have to tell you the name of the book, right? Geesh. Okay, the book that the intriguing, award-winning author Jenny B. Jones wrote is called “Save the Date”. And I love it. It needs to be a movie so I can watch it. The story centers around a single gal named Lucy. I’m not going to tell you much more though.

I will say that I rooted for Lucy, and was taken aback by Lucy at times. I wanted Lucy to pull it together and I was surprised when she did. She did it when I didn’t think she would. I loved the way that Jenny wrote the story, allowing me into Lucy and Alex’s heart and mind. And although I was surprised at the ending, I still agree with it. It’s a solid and quick read.

Thanks Jenny. You’re one great story-teller!


Copyright Beams of Light Ministries