Be Thankful for Your Pastor

I heard that it could all be going down on Sunday - the long awaited return of my Pastor to the pulpit. So, I started praying and asking God to please let it be so. I'm happy to report that it was so - our Pastor came back! It had been a 17-week departure - and God brought him back right on time. Some may say it was too long but I say that God's timing is perfect. It was right on time according to God's calendar.

I knew it would not be too much longer when our First Lady came back. She was a sight for sore eyes. Her presence encouraged me to know that everything was indeed alright. All along, the congregation received reports on the health of our Pastor letting us know that he was doing okay. But seeing her was the proof for me. Seeing our First Lady looking so happy and healthy let me know that everything was alright. I thanked God then for her coming back and I thank God for her now. I thank God that she is a wife - a real one - that lives up to her vows - for better or for worse, in sickness and in health. To me, she is wonderful! We are a blessed church to have her in our midst.

Sunday was extra special. The Pastor and First Lady were back and the church was lively and full of worship. I really can't express my gratitude to God for the great things I know He has done in all of us during this experience. I can't thank Him enough for returning the First family back to us in good health and in happiness. They came in and walked down the center aisle, hand-in-hand. Beautiful. As one.

In a word, I am grateful. 
Well, maybe a few more words: thankful, happy, expectant (of the great things that God will show us), blessed.

I am grateful for our Pastor and First Lady. I pray that God will continue to bless them both and through this experience that He will draw them even closer to Himself and each other - like never before!  I pray that you are grateful as well for your head of church. In this week of preparation as we get ready to celebrate Thanksgiving, I pray that you will pray a prayer of thankfulness for your church leadership, particularly for your Pastor and family.


Copyright Beams of Light Ministries