A Hair-raising Incident!

Busying myself with some very necessary cleaning, I did not notice the time lapse. I had gone several hours without food or water and my body was sending out alert sirens. Against better wisdom, I finished up the section that I was working on before paying attention to my body’s notification.

When I finally made a move toward fulfilling my bodily requirements, I found myself in quite the drive-through line. Because I’d neglected to pay attention to the early warnings, I felt too weak to stand in the very long line on the inside of the store. So, I waited in the drive-through.

And waited.

And waited.

While counting the number of cars ahead and behind, I focused on the car directly in front of me. The driver, a brunette, was enthralled in fingering her wavy locks and pulling out the strands. With the flip of her wrist, she discarded her loose locks out of the window. Again and again, she pulled and discarded, leaving a trail of hair throughout the drive-through line. And then it happened.

One of these little locks of hair floated with the breeze onto the hood of my car. Great, now I have DNA on my car from the woman ahead of me. The lock of hair rested snuggly between the crevice of my hood and windshield wipers. Since I was not feeling good, I thought to myself, that I would just get it out when I got home if it didn’t fly off on the way home. Well, that would have been too much like right.

It got worse.

With a gentle breeze, and a willing sunroof, said hair lifted from its crevice, up my windshield, over my sun visor and down into my eye!

That’s right. Her hair in my eye!

A complete stranger’s hair now mixing it up with my eyeball.

Oh the drama!!!

I really wanted to get out of my car and return said hair to its rightful owner with a look of disgust and "you should know better" on my face; but alas, I was too ill for that.

I really wanted to at least honk my horn and have her look at me so that I could show her the consequences for hair plucking at a fast food drive-through, but I was too weak for that. Besides, would she really see me waving the hair or would I just look like I was waving my hand back and forth?

Instead, I removed the hair from my eye, with a deep, "I can't believe this is happening to me all when I don't feel good" frown on my face and waited my turn in line. I prayed to God that she would not pluck anymore hair and that she would have a bit of courtesy for everyone behind her. I prayed that she would stop littering....alas something I can do that won't escalate the situation - I am never too ill or weak to pray.

And you know what? She stopped pulling hair, placed her order and went on with her day. I made it home, ate some of the food and laid down for rest.

And now, I feel better – hair-raising incident and all, for I learned that the enemy will try you when you are weak and when he does, it will always be in your best interest to call upon God. He’ll help you. He’ll see you through.



Beams Blog Footer 3

One Response so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    Oh my goodness! What a story!