Who needs sleep? I do!

I feel as if I didn’t sleep a wink last night. I went to bed on-time. I tried to sleep but there was an annoying little noise that kept waking me. About every four minutes, there it was. I finally got up to investigate. I’d just had some repairs done to my commode. Apparently, more repairs were needed. I decided to turn off the water supply to the commode to no avail. It didn’t work. I tossed. I turned. The commode ran. We both had very active nights.

I finally got up – put on my “Calm Mind” CD. Afterall, in the midst of all that tossing and turning I was having a few thoughts about the day. I prayed. I asked for peace. I waited. I was still up…So, I got up – again. This time, I prayed, read my Bible, took some rather good notes and then read this other Scripturally-based book, which made me cry. Fantastic author. Now, I’m spiritually convicted and emotionally spent. I thought that after some time of this study and reading that I would surely sleep. I turned off the light, laid down. Heard the commode – still running that marathon – couldn’t sleep.

At some point, the Lord took mercy on me and I feel asleep. Of course, just in time to see the sun rising. And, to hear the ringing of my alarm. I’m exhausted. Pray my strength today!

(Oh, and yes, I did call the plumber – I have an appointment today!)

2 Responses so far.

  1. Oh I hope you are rested now!
    Much love,
    Angela

  2. Hey Angela,

    Yes, I did get some rest! It felt amazing! Nice and quiet, just like I like it.

    Ciao! - Sanya