Book Meme

Angela at Refresh My Soul tagged me for a meme. Sad to say, but I had to look up what that meant! Thank God for Google and wikipedia! Anyway, it reminds me of those emails that we all used to send to our friends trying to find out more about them – their favorite color, hobbies and other list items etc. Well, I liked this meme – it’s on books. And, as a nation, of course, my stance is that we should all read more. What a wonderful way to share some great books. Soooo, here goes.

1. One book that changed your life –Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. Boy oh boy did I have some wrong mindsets! I’ve since purchased this book for SEVERAL of my friends and it has helped them too!


2. One book that you have read more than once – The Bible, no surprise there.

3. One book you would want on a deserted Island – The Bible – no matter how many times you read it, you always find something new within the pages.

4. One book that made you laugh- Hmmm – nothing springs to mind at the moment.

5. One book that made you cry? – I’m reading several books on the spiritual disciplines – one chapter in this book about Mabel made me cry – it’s The Life You’ve Always Wanted by John Ortberg.

6. One book that you wish had been written- the one that I keep writing and revising!

7. One book that you wish had never been written – When good things happen to bad people – bad theology but I had to read it for a seminary class that I was taking.

8. One book you are currently reading- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life and The Life You’ve Always Wanted

9. One book you have been meaning to read – too many to mention.

10: 5 people to tag: I’m not going to tag anyone – they may all be like me…slow to get this back out! Sorry Angela! <3>

2 Responses so far.

  1. Thanks for doing that girl!
    When Good Things Happen to Bad People-who is that by?

    No need not tagging! That is fine by me!
    Much love,
    Angela

  2. Angela,

    That book was written awhile back by Rabbi Harold S. Kushner. Again, I would not recommend it because of the theology expressed.