The Solid Rock


I have a song on my heart this morning. The lyrics are: my hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus blood and righteousness/ I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus name. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand / all other ground is sinking sand. Do you know the song now? It’s the Solid Rock.

I think it’s pretty neat when I wake up with a song of worship on my heart. It sets the day for me and lets me know that come what may, everything is going to be alright. At this time of the year, it would seem that everything is going to be alright anyway – it’s the Christmas season. Yet, for me, it seems like I’m caring a lot of weight right now. (not just from the scales either! J) I see the move and attack of the enemy trying his best to rob people of their joy and keep them in bondage. He’s able to do that when we are off our game – so to speak. He can do that when we stray away from our solid foundation, Jesus Christ the Rock.

It reminds me of America’s favorite pastime. Baseball. When we are on the base, we are safe. When we run out – we are on our own – and we face the attack of the enemy. I know that we cannot stay grounded to one location. But, as Christians, as we travel, we have the luxury and option to take our “base” with us.

I encourage you all to take the Lord with you. Walk or dare I say, run, with Him. Keep pace with His plans for your life and I guarantee that although at times it may be tough, we will all be the better for it. Trust the Lord – build your hope on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness. Wholly Lean on Him.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    Sorry I've been off the bloggin' scene for awhile, Friend! But I see you've kept up your wonderful insight. I too have felt lately the power in praise songs, the lyrical reminders that help us keep the Word in our hearts. What a blessing.

  2. I just love that song! Yes keep the base with us.
    Great.
    Much love,
    Angela