Live in Peace

Albertina Walker sings a song “Please be patient with me. ” Some of the lyrics from that song are “Please be patient with me / God is not through with me yet / When God is through with me / I shall come forth, I shall come forth, I shall come forth as pure gold.” As children, my cousin and I would sing that song – mainly because we liked the beat. As I’ve matured, I see the spiritual application of that song.

We are to be patient with others knowing that God has an ultimate plan for each of our lives. This applies to the believers as well as the unbelievers. In fact, Paul urges in Romans 12: 17-21 a manner of patience with one another. He says:

“Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengenance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing though shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.” (KJV)

Despite what a person has done or is doing to you, we are to have a right relationship with that person – we are to be patient with them. If they are not talking right or doing the right thing, this does not give us license to join them in their wrongdoing. Instead, we are to pray for them and provide for them such that God be glorified. We are not to try to do things ourselves – you know we like to jump in and try to “handle” the situation when in all actuality, the situation is handling us. We are to give the situation over to the Lord and leave it there – even when we don’t understand it. Leave it with the Lord. Live in peace with one another and watch the Lord work out the situation, and when you emerge from whatever has been the source of frustration, YOU WILL COME FORTH AS PURE GOLD.

One Response so far.

  1. As you know, we have not held a deep conversation in weeks but I think The Lord is using you yet again to speak to me. You continue to be such a blessing in my life and I pray someday, The Lord will use me to bless you. Again, thank you. You didn’t know how badly I needed this but He did. What an awesome God we serve.