God Still Answers Prayer

The power of prayer was made manifest in my life just Saturday night. I had a relapse and fell ill again. The major problem with that was my desire and obligation to teach Sunday School the next morning. There are two teachers for the class, but this Sunday, the other teacher would not be there  - leaving just me. And, with such short notice, I didn't want to have to call the Sunday School Superintendent. I appealed to some prayer warriors and they went to work. My parents were both out of the state - in different states - Texas and California - but my sister was my "nurse on stand-by". I heart that girl! She has such a sweet, sweet spirit. Lest I get off track, I am writing all this to tell you of the wonder of God. 


I laid on my couch somewhere between feeling bad and feeling really bad. I didn't want to move for fear that I'd upset my stomach. My emotions were swinging between "this cannot be happening to me" and "I guess this is happening to me - might as well accept it." Must have been the medicine! My puppy went about his routine, patrolling and coming back to check on me. With my worship music going on my cellphone, I began to speak to God about my situation and my heart's desire. My prayer warriors prayed. I prayed. And I could actually feel whatever was ailing me start to back off as I started thinking about calling it a night and wondering if I would need to sleep on the couch. But the symptoms started coming under submission to God. So much so, that I was able to get the puppy ready for bed - myself as well. 


I prayed myself to sleep. My prayer warriors informed me today that they kept praying too. And when I woke up this morning - I felt strong. I will have you know that I not only felt well enough to teach the Sunday School class, I stayed for morning worship as well. The power of prayer is nothing to be discounted. I have done so privately, but I publicly want to thank my prayer warriors for interceding on my behalf. I sounded pitiful Saturday night, I know, but I'm on the mend. I feel strong. And for that, I praise God! Thank you Lord! 

Copyright Beams of Light Ministries