A Bird's Eye View

There I was, hovering above the earth in the helicopter when it struck me.


From this view, our problems just seem so trivial.


I’m used to air travel. My last few years have been spent in and out of airplanes. But never before have I seen my city like this. Sure, when I’m coming in on some large aircraft you get to see the place you’re visiting as you descend. But a helicopter is different. It’s slower, giving you more time to fully appreciate what lies beneath.


I saw a city that is so beautiful. Hovering above, it looks like a model. Like you could go to the local supply store, buy a few plastic houses and trees and put it together. Simplistic, yet breath-taking.


I wonder if God sees us like that. He hovers above us and yet walks with us. He has a bird’s eye view and an upfront view. And while we labor in the details of our upfront view, not seeing the way, He hovers above us, knowing that in the grand scheme of things, our obstacles are light and trivial if we will but rely on Him. He knows the plans He has for us – He knows the bird’s eye view. All we have to do is follow His direction and stop looking at our own way. We only have the upfront view. But He knows it all.


Will you lay your problems down today and follow Him? He’s got a view you cannot see.







Copyright Beams of Light Ministries