When Emotions Are Raging

Oh boy did my emotions get the best of me recently. It's like that sometimes. I wish that I could tell you that I float around on clouds feeling super good about myself and mankind all the live-long-day, every single day, but that would be a blatant lie. The truth is that somedays are good and somedays need to be repeated because I made so many errors. In other words, on somedays, I make an "A" and on other days, I just plain flunk. I recently had a failing grade kind of day.


You see, I consider myself a rather direct person. In fact, I am actually very direct. I don't find it useful to beat around the bushes. So, when I found out some rather disturbing news, I knew how I wanted to handle the situation. The problem is, I couldn't really go about it that way. The "flesh" response was the rip back the cover - and by rip, I do mean rip...not peel...nothing ginger about it ... just plain rip it back. But, wisdom stepped in - PTL.  I had to spend a few teeth-grinding moments estimating what a godly response would look like. 

And guess what? I still wanted to rip back the covers! Y'all need to pray for me! Mercy! Lord, please have mercy on me! It's that cry for help that led me to really look at Psalm 51. Now, this is the psalm where David is confronted with his sin. Nathan dropped some knowledge on him that he didn't want to hear earlier. You know David's first response wasn't the right one. I know you know because you are a Bible Scholar! Get it! Oh yea, back on topic, David's response recorded in Psalm 51 - ahhhh, that's the ticket! 

So, I find myself in the same situation - well, not exactly the same. I've not been in the whole supposed to be somewhere, got caught up watching somebody bathe, now time to hide my sin type of thing. Instead, I was caught up in responding negatively the first time I heard the news and then having to get it right the second time. The first time, I flunked. Ahhhh, but the second time, I am passing. Don't know if it's an "A" just yet, but I'm working on it. 

I can work on it because I read and prayed through Psalm 51. Read it for yourself and if you are so inclined, let me know what you think. You can reach via comment section at the end of this post, FBF - you know what to do and Subscribers, feel free to keep sending me those great emails! Oh how I love to hear from you guys! You encourage me! Thank you. 

Okay, enough. I don't want to dilute or distract. Check out Psalm 51 - and have a great weekend!





Copyright Beams of Light Ministries