I Didn't Ask God, "Why?"

I got some encouraging words from my subscribers about my post on Wednesday. Thanks y’all! And I should have known that since the message was poignant to some of you to the point that you replied back in the manner in which you did, that I would have a test coming. You replied back with some sweet things to me and I should have been on the ready expecting that I would get a chance to put my own “why’s” to rest and to trust God. And that is what happened Thursday.


You see, Thursday to me, is Friday Eve. I don’t mean to imply that I rush the week away or anything like that but good things always seem to happen on Thursday for me – kinda like the eve of Holidays. Thursdays are filled with joy and laughter and all kinds of neat things. I like Thursday, yes, I do! I like Thursday, how bout you? (okay, you know you know the cheer!)


My adversary knows how much I like Thursday as well, so he made sure to test me on Thursday when I’d be off guard … or so he thought! HA!


When I got home Thursday, my kitchen was under siege. Now, I have pest control service so don’t go thinking something crazy. But, needless to say, I had some unidentified, never-seen-before, and certainly not welcome visitors, for which I had to sweep, Clorox down every single thing and then mop on top of that. Whew!!! Better safe than sorry.


In the midst of my defense to the offensive move of my unidentified, never-seen-before, and certainly not welcome visitors, I had to call my daddy and granddaddy to get some advice, calm my puppy about why he couldn’t come into the kitchen and had to stay steady so I could do the work and calm so I wouldn't go ballistic on those unidentified, never-seen-before, and certainly not welcomer intruders. Ugh.


When everything was under control, my nerves, which had heretofore held steady, powered up the vacuum cleaner and let’s just say I went to town on that floor. My downstairs looks rather nice right now! Or so we hope…I hope I don’t have round 2 waiting on me when I get home today. It would be rather inconvenient! I have guests coming!


In the midst of the assault and recovery, I wanted to ask God, “why am I having to do this on Thursday?” Bump that – “Why is this going on in MY kitchen?” That’s the real question. But I didn’t ask the “why” question. I asked “what” instead. What should I do to get this situation under control? Sure, I had gotten some advice from some wise folks, but I really need to know what God would have me to do. What would You have for me to learn here? “How can I make sure You get the glory?” And as I thought about these things, the clean-up went quicker until I finally looked up and everything was as it should be. Thank You Jesus! I didn’t ask “why?”. I trusted God with everything I had. And in turn, He made me glad!


Go into this weekend feeling glad! No matter your circumstances! For God is still in control! He has not abdicated His throne. And, well, just the thought of that ought to make you glad too! Happy Friday!




Copyright Beams of Light Ministries